The pressure to do so much for our physical and mental health can be stressful. If you’re in a world of back to back Zoom meetings or feeling really low on energy, you may be finding it hard to make time to do things to take care of yourself during the working day.
Getting through these dark, cold, lockdown days and taking every opportunity to laugh, play or rest is all you really need to do at the moment. Even small things can make a big difference to how you feel. To build resilience, focus on taking a few moments to be present and doing things to raise your energy levels.
Choose one of these 10 things to try between Zoom meetings or when you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed. They each take less than 2 mins:
- Close your eyes and take 3 deep breaths
- Walk around the room or your house. We don’t always have to go on long walks outside.
- Drink a glass of water
- Send an emoji or GIF to a friend. Connecting with people is key to raising our social energy.
- Smell something good. Choose whatever works for you – could be a candle, perfume, coffee.
- Tidy up your desk. Take a moment to declutter and get rid of any rubbish or distracting things.
- Dance to your favourite song.
- Stare out the window. Step away from your devices and just rest your eyes outside.
- Stretch. Lift your shoulders up to your ears and down. Look to your left and to your right. Look up and look down.
- Bring nature into your workspace. This could be a pot plant, photos on your wall or a nature shot on your screen.
What quick things work for you? Let me know.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed or stuck right now, a coaching conversation could help. Resilience coaching includes space to think and practical tools, as well as time to be present and raise your energy. We can talk online or while walking on the phone.
Want to feel more confident, less stressed and ready for all the ups and downs ahead?
Get in touch to find out more about how resilience coaching could help you.