Do you want a short, lively hit of walking wonder? These TED talks extol the many virtues of walking from a variety of aspects. Walking is free, can be done wherever you are and could literally change your life…
- Do you want to have more energy, better memory, improved mood and increased focus and attention? Go for a walk. Exercise actually changes your brain and has long lasting positive benefits: Wendy Suzuki – The brain-changing benefits of exercise
- Too often wellbeing is considered to be something we do on top of going to work. How about boosting our health while we’re working? Go for a walking meeting: Nilofer Merchant – Got a meeting? Take a walk
- Walking, even indoors, has been proven to improve the generation of ideas. Not only are we more creative whilewalking, the effects are long lasting and we are more creative even after walking. Marily Oppezzo – Want to be more creative? Go for a walk
- Walking isn’t just about getting from A to B. The environment we walk in connects to how we feel, our memories and the people in our lives. Try happy mapping and taking a detour to change how you interact with your environment and find the most enjoyable path: Daniele Quercia – Happy maps
- This isn’t a TED talk. It is a great video that shares the numerous life enhancing and life extending benefits we can gain by just walking for half an hour: 23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health?
Want to take a coaching walk? Anise specialises in executive coaching while walking for individuals and teams experiencing change at work. Coaching events that help you feel connected, confident and clear about where you’re going.